Friday 1 April 2016

1.12 Virtual Part 7

You can just take control of my body?

Of course I can using the nanobots.

No-no-no! I was really looking forward to not having to worry about people taking control of my body.

I won’t except to special cases like that.

How was that a special case?

I was reassuring Leo that we would take care of you.

I guess…

We won’t control your body unless it is a special case, an emergency or you ask us to.

And we can’t even control your mind.

Are you sure?

Doing so would be dishonourable so I didn’t include it.

Okay. Is it wrong that I would much rather have you two in my head than Abby and Divine Magicka?

No. While Abigail is your family, Legacy and I are both honourable and experienced in these sorts of things.

Makes sense.

Speaking of Abigail, perhaps you should explain things to your sister. You left uninformed about the situation when Leo came in.

I suppose I ought to answer her questions.

It would be the right thing to do.

Abby?

Joan?

I should probably explain some things to you.

You think!

Umm, here it goes.

Using their mental link, Joan explains to Abby about what has happened from Ceta’s cyber world where Legacy has been residing to visiting her there to Ceta taking control of her nanobots to the fact Ceta limited Abby’s ability to control her.

And now I got both Legacy and Ceta in my head due to them being in the nanobots.

That is…an interesting tale.

I know right?

You don’t trust me?

I do, but you just use your power without realising. I honestly don’t care when you do, but I just hate it you control me without my permission.

I’m sorry.

I know you don’t mean to hurt my feelings, but I just-it makes me feel helpless again and I hate feeling that way.

Too much like when you were confined to that hospital bed?

Yeah.

May I come in and meet Ceta?

Sure.

Joan lets Abby in and blinks her as her mental scrape takes form again. She looks around as Abby glomps her, sweeping her off the ground

“Hey sis,” says Joan as she dangles from Abby’s hold.

“Hello Joan,” replies Abby, “Sorry about how I’ve been treating you. I didn’t realise you felt so strongly about it.”

“It is just that single thing about controlling me against my will,” says Joan, “The rest of it I don’t mind. You can put me down now by the way.”

“Oh right,” says Abby as she puts Joan down, “So where is Ceta?”

Here,” answers the AI as she appears next to Joan in her bright green armour.

“Hello Miss Ceta,” says Abby, “A pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

The feeling is mutual,” replies Ceta, “Shall we discuss matters?”

“I would like to do that,” replies Abby.

“Well, if you two are going to discuss boring stuff, I’m going to do something else,” says Joan as she walks off.

Heh. If somebody told me that my mind was going to be full of as many people as it has been six months, I would have thought them crazy.

“What are you laughing about?” asks Legacy as Joan giggles.

“I’m thinking about how nobody would even consider any of this possible last year or any time before that,” replies Joan, “What are you doing?”

“I was listening on those two,” replies Legacy indicating where Ceta and Abby are talking, “But I decided to see how you were doing.”

“You don’t have to do that,” points out Joan.

“Yes, I do,” disagrees Legacy, “I promised Leo that I would take good care of you.”

“Yeah, I guess you did,” mutters Joan, deciding not to argue the matter with her alien best friend, “You’re taking that promise pretty seriously.”

“Why wouldn’t I take it seriously?” asks Legacy in a confused tone, causing Joan to laugh.

“Not many people do,” explains Joan, “Here on Earth, we’re not as serious about keeping those sorts of promises. Either token efforts or taking seriously when something serious happens.”

“I’m not that sort of person,” answers Legacy.

“I know and neither is Leo,” replies Joan, “One of the reasons I love him so much and I like you so much. I also want to be the sort of person who takes their promises seriously.”

“It is pretty easy to do so,” points out Legacy.

“For you and Leo sure, but not for people like me,” replies Joan, “You two both wield power while I don’t. Both of you are fighters while I’m not. Hang on a minute, I got an idea.”

“What is that?” inquires Legacy.

“We got virtual reality helmets right?” says Joan, “You and Leo are both genius inventors while Jaylyn and Ceta are super powerful AIs. Between the four of you, you could invent an absolutely brilliant virtual reality game. A proper one virtual reality game.”

That we could,” says Ceta from behind Joan, causing her to jump.

“What are you doing here?” glares Joan, “Aren’t you talking to Abby?”

I can multitask,” answers Ceta, “I am an AI after all. As for your question, it would be easy to create a virtual reality game.”

“What sort of game would you like?” asks Legacy.

“A Fantasy RPG!” exclaims Joan, “With multiplayer so we can play with our friends and other people!”

That is doable,” says Ceta as Joan beams at her.

1 comment:

  1. Meh. Nothing to say about this segment without stating what should be obvious if you read it. So next time, Legacy is visited by Glowbug.

    ReplyDelete