Wednesday 30 March 2016

1.12 Virtual Part 6

Joan groans as she goes under the disorienting process of disconnecting from the virtual world. Or cyber world in this case.

I can make adjust to your neural functions to make the process more natural.

Who is, wait, is that you Ceta?

Yes Joan.

I’m also here.

Hello Legacy. Not that I’m complaining or anything, but what are you two doing in my head.

Technically speaking we’re in the nanobots.

Oh. What will I tell people?

Leo, Jaylyn and the rest of the Guardsmen can know the truth while the others can remain unaware.

What about Abby?

You may tell your sister. She has proven that she can be trusted with our secrets and I don’t see any practical way to keep our presence hidden from her.

Okay. Say, I can block her now right?

Yes.

I’m going to call her! Abby!

Yes Joan?

Come here!

Okay I guess…

Joan giggles as Abby attempts to enter her mind, only to be block by her new defences.

What-what the? What is this Joan?

Like it?

What the hell is going on Joan!?

Oh, Ceta just set up some mental defences you so can’t just waltz in and do whatever you want to me. Now you need my permission to do stuff to my mind and to control my body.

I don’t-I can’t freaking believe you Joan!

Nothing wrong. Just the same as what you did to keep other telepaths out of my head.

Don’t you trust me?

Sure I do. I just don’t like when you take control of my body whenever it suits you.

I only did when I had good reasons.

Normal people don’t have to worry about their sisters taking over their minds and bodies whenever they get upset or angry.

You would just throw temper tantrums.

That doesn’t matter! The point is that I no longer have to worry about you taking control of my body anymore. You can only do it when I let you and only for a long as I let you.

Humph.

Don’t ‘humph’ me Abby! You don’t respect me anymore just because of your powers!

I do respect you!

Except for when it is convenient for you! You just use your powers with such casual ease that you don’t even know you are abusing them on people!

Th-that isn’t true!

It is too!

It is not!

Un-huh it is!

Leo is coming Joan.

Yay!

Wait, who was-

Joan doesn’t give her sister time to finish before breaking the connection.

“Hello Leo,” says Joan as Leo re-enters the room.

“Hi Joan,” replies Leo as he walks by her, barely glancing at her as he does so.

Joan is used to that as Leo isn’t in love with her for her looks, something she is very glad for. Plus she knows that with his power, he process everything faster in his mind so a second long glance is the equivalent of several seconds long for a normal person. But at the same time, now she is getting better, she does want him to appreciate her looks.

“I have good news,” says Joan as Leo sits down at his desk with a box of parts.

“Oh?” inquires Leo as he turns around to look at her.

“You know those nanobots I got in me,” says Joan.

“Let me guess,” replies Leo, “Legacy and Ceta hacked them and are now in control.”

“Yeah!” replies Joan, “How did you know?”

“Because I know my partner,” answers Leo, “Anything else?”

“Ceta also limited Abby’s ability to take control of my mind and body so I can block her or kick her out when I want to,” says Joan before turning an accusing tone on Leo, “Something you never even tried to do anything about.”

“We had this conversation before,” replies Leo with a resigned sigh, “Abigail isn’t abusing her powers on you and this is a matter between sisters. As soon as begins to use her powers to abuse you, I will step in that every instant.”

“I know,” says Joan, “You and Guardian risk your lives to take on Darkness to protect me.”

And we beat him into the ground as well.

We would have also killed him if he hadn’t given into our demands.

Really?

Yes.

I think he knew that and partly why he gave in so easily.

Seriously?

Yes/Yes.

“So what are you up to?” asks Joan as she looks at the box of parts.

“I’m working on some trivial stuff,” replies Leo, “My parents might be easy going liberals who have no clue of what I’m really up to, but I still need something to show them to back up my cover story for when I am doing all my Gears work. So I spend a bit of my time every now and again coming up with something trivial to show my family. Something that is impressive and would take up time for even an exceptional normal person to come up with, but someone with my powers and abilities can do with casual ease.”

“That makes sense,” says Joan as Leo looks away again.

Don’t forget to tell him about us.

Oh yeah.

“Hey Leo,” says Joan in her sweet voice.

“Yes?” replies Leo as he gets to work.

“Legacy and Ceta are currently residing in the nanobots in me,” says Joan.

“Okay,” replies Leo without even looking at her, “Legacy, Ceta, take good care of Joan.”

“Aye, aye brother,” replies Legacy using Joan’s body, much to Joan’s shock.

1 comment:

  1. So Joan is...pleased so to say about how her situation with Abby's bodyjacking of her has been resolved to say the least. For the record, it has happened a few times off-screen. Meanwhile, Abby is feeling somewhat hurt and betrayed by this turn of events and very confused.

    As for why Joan trusts Guardian more than her own sister, it is an obvious choice from her prespective. Do you trust the ancient honourable superhero who is your best friend and you aren't even sure if they can commit evil acts? Or your older, loving sister who has an annoying habit of using her power on you when its convenient for her?

    Otherwise we have more of Leo's and Joan's relationship and how Joan is slowly becoming more dissatisfied with it as things change for her. And how Leo deals with his own family.

    As for next time, Legacy has some explaining to do for Joan and Joan herself has to explain things to Abby.

    ReplyDelete