Wednesday 23 December 2015

Interlude - Glowbug

Nic flicks her hair over her shoulder as she lands on the rooftop. The day is getting late and night will be coming soon. Nic has just come off of patrol and as a result, the young superheroine is still in her costume.

Not that I mind. I like the feel of spandex hugging my body. I got the curves to make the look work and the fact I’m wearing a real superhero costume just makes me feel powerful.

As Nic plops herself down on the roof, she decides to wait for her younger sister Emily to come by. She usually comes by this way with her friends on her way home and today, Nic feels like intercepting her sister for a friendly chat.

The sort of friendly chat I can’t have at home because of Mum. She just can’t accept the new me unlike Emily.

Nic really likes her new body and powers. In fact, she couldn’t imagine life without them anymore.

How could I not? Before my manifestation, I was cubby, unfit and while I wasn’t exactly ugly, I wasn’t pretty either. Now look at me. I got curves, I got boobs and I’m eternally fit. Plus I don’t have to worry about minor things such as sweating or washing anymore. I don’t know how that works, but I’ll take it regardless.

And my powers are so awesome. Sure I only got my energy projection, but it is a very versatile B Class Ability. I can just think about what I want it to do and it just happens. And it is pretty easy to control once I got the hang of it.

Nic is snapped out of her thoughts as she hears her sister’s voice. She gets to her feet and glances down at the street below, spotting Emily with a couple of her friends, both on her school’s female soccer team.

Whilst Nicola and Emily Hatheway used to look similar, one wouldn’t no longer recognise the two of them as sisters from appearance alone.

And that is one of the few things I don’t like about my powers.

Emily has short brown hair and a slim, athletic body in contrast to Nic’s long blonde hair and curvaceous, buxom body. The only thing they share now are their blue eyes, inherited from their asshole of a father.

And I’m fitter, faster and stronger than she is. Except Emily actually earned her prowess while I had it handed to me out of now. Plus she has to work to maintain it while I don’t have to do diddly squat. The fact that my powers make me lazy compared to my sister is one of the other few things I don’t like about it.

Deciding to go with the element of surprise, Nic flies down at her sister before she or her friends can notice and pounces on Emily from behind, throwing her arms around her.

Emily yelps and she plus both of her friends jump in shock whilst Nic just grins at her sister.

“Sup Em,” says Nic.

“Oh hey Nic,” replies Emily as she recovers from the surprise entry, “Do you have to sneak up like that?”

“No,” replies Nic shameless.

“Well, okay,” says Emily as she tries to break free of Nicola’s grip, only for Nic to tighten her hold, “Um, Nic?  You can let me go now?”

“I was hoping to chat with you,” replies Nic, refusing to let her sister go and using her superior strength to firmly hold her sister.

“Can’t we do that at home?” asks Emily in exasperation.

With Mum around? She would stick her busy little nose in our business like the old hag that she is.

“No,” replies Nic, “And you know why.”

“Fine,” grumbles Emily with a sigh, “Julia, Tracy, I’ll catch up with the two of you later or tomorrow.”

Both of Emily’s friends mutter their goodbyes and Nic takes that as her que to go. Making sure that she has a firm grip on Emily, Nic activates her powers and flies straight up with Emily.

Nic doesn’t bother supressing the grin that comes to her face as Emily squeals in terror as they zoom up into the sky.

“Oh my gosh,” gasps Emily as they come to a halt in the middle of the sky, far beyond the view of anybody on the ground, “Don’t do that. You almost gave me a heart attack.”

“You’ll be fine,” replies Nic nonchalantly as she forms a floor of yellow energy below them and puts Emily down on it, “I wouldn’t let you get hurt.”

“Is your power the only thing keeping me up here?” asks Emily nervously as she looks down at the yellow energy construct that she is standing on, “Because I don’t want to fall to my death.”

“Relax Em,” laughs Nic, “I just wanted to tell you about my crush.”

“Your crush?” repeats Emily as she looks up at Nic, “Who is it? Shift? Atlas? Gears? Techno? Is it even a superhero?”

“Oh, it’s a superhero alright,” replies Nic, “But it isn’t a boy. As a matter of fact, it’s Guardian that I’m crushing on Em.”

“Oh,” mutters Emily, “I, I can see why you didn’t want to have this discussion with Mum about.”

“Definitely,” agrees Nic, “Mum is a bigoted bitch.”

“I wouldn’t go that far to call, oh never mind,” says a flustered Emily before stopping as Nic gives her a look, “So are you gay now?”

Oh, she is a defending our mother again. I might as well mess with her a bit again then. She deserves it. Nothing serious of course, just a bit of sisterly teasing.

“No, just bi,” replies Nic as she covertly activates her personal energy field around her chest, “I just want to tell someone I can trust to keep it secret. And I know I can count you.”

“Um, thanks,” replies Emily as she blushes in embarrassment, “May I ask you something?”

“Sure,” says Nic as she begins to paces.

I really shouldn’t tell her about how bad my crush on Guardian has gotten. I really wasn’t serious at first, but I just can’t keep her out of my thoughts.

“I don’t want to sound silly or anything,” says Emily in a very self-conscious manner as Nic notes her eyes are slowly straying to her chest.

It’s working!

“But I was hoping you could get Alexandria’s autograph for me,” Emily asks sheepishly before looking away.

Oh, I can get that for Emily for sure. Me and Charlotte are pals. And I need her to be looking at me for my prank to work.

“I’ll call her now then,” replies Nic in a sly tone as she pulls her phone out, causing Emily to snap her head back around to look at her.

“You wouldn’t!” exclaims Emily, looking as if she isn’t sure to be pleased or worried while Nic increases the intensity of the energy around her chest.

“Sure I will,” replies Nic as she dails Charlotte’s personal number from her contacts, “Hey Char.”

“Oh, hi Nic,” replies Charlotte over the phone as she answers

“I wanted to ask you a favour,” says Nic as she grins at her sister’s mortified expression, “I would like to introduce you to my sister.”

“Sure, any particular reason why?” answers Charlotte.

“As a matter of fact, yes,” replies Nic, “Emily just asked me if I could get your autograph for her, so I decided just to get you to meet her instead.”

“And she is standing right in front of you listening to every word you’re saying,” says Charlotte dryly, “Do you like to torment your sister?”

“I’m not tormenting her,” protests Nic in mock indignation, “I’m doing her a favour as a matter of fact.”

“And embarrassing her at the same time,” mutters Charlotte, “Still, I would like to meet your sister. Call back when you have a good time for us to meet.”

“Will do Char,” says Nic, “See ya later.”

“Take care Nic,” replies Charlotte before Nic ends the call.

“Alexandria has agreed to meet you,” Nic informs her sister and feels pleased as she internal notes that Emily can’t tear her eyes away from her chest.

It’s working!

“Nic?” says Emily in a slightly mesmerised voice as Nic giggles.

“Yeah Em?” replies Nic as she gets her giggles in check.

“Why can’t I stop staring at your breasts?” asks Emily in a tone that is both nervous and accusing.

“Oh, I don’t know,” replies Nic with a big smirk all over her face, “Why are you staring at my boobies?”

“Knock it off!” demands Emily in an angry voice, “I may not know how you are doing it, but we both know it’s you and your powers.”

“Alright,” says Nic as she raises her hands into the air, “You caught me pranking you. But wouldn’t you like to grope them first?”

“No!” yells Emily.

“Are you sure?” inquires Nic in a sickeningly sweet voice.

“Yes!” shouts Emily, “Darn it Nic, I told you this before! I. Don’t. Want. To. Grope. Your. Boobs.”

“Fine,” replies Nic dramatically as she gets rid of the energy field around her chest.

“Thank you,” replies Emily as she looks away from Nic.

I’ll get you to do it someday. Just wait and see Em.

There is a moment of silence as neither sister is sure of what to say.

“I enjoy spending time together as sisters,” says Nic as she breaks the silence first.

“Yeah, me too,” agrees Emily as she looks back at Nic with a slight smile on her face.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, let's get this out of the way. This is the interlude that I wrote due to the poll with Glowbug as the character it is about. Anyway, this chapter mostly consists of seeing Glowbug's perspective and her teasing her younger sister.

    As you might have figured out already, Glowbug, also known as Nicola Hatheway, doesn't come from a very tolerant or open minded family. Which has cause problems when she manifested her powers. Because of that, she takes every excuse that she can to avoid having to go home and spend time with family (Emily excluded).

    Speaking of Emily, Glowbug's younger sister has much better relations with their parents and therefore is often caught between a rock and a hard place. In this case, her superpowered sister and her strict parents. As for the prank, the reason Emily is reacting so strongly to it is that this isn't the first time that Nicola has played it on her. By now, Emily is starting to get bored by it and is finding it annoying more than anything else.

    As for next time (still this Friday by the way), we do the other interlude before starting chapter eight.

    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete