Sunday 14 August 2016

1.17 Homecoming Part 1

Welcome back Father,” says Jaylyn in her new voice, still a feminine computerised voice as always, as Gears enters the base via elevator, “May I ask why you have come here first?”

“Is that a joke?” asks Gears as he looks upwards despite Jaylyn not having a physical form.

Does she seriously think I am going to go home to my family in this state?

She is just a little girl.

An AI.

But still just a little kid.

Gears looks down at himself. His armour is still a mess from the fight with Apocalypse and he has yet to have an opportunity to change into anything else. That said, he has been able to patch it up a bit.

The Norwegian locals, including the government authorities, were willing to help him out a bit. Even by respecting his desire to keep his identity secret since the US government wasn’t requesting they arrest him or uncover his true identity.

Ragnar healed up his left arm, but it is still missing from the elbow. A few spare pieces from folks here and there helped patch the damage on his armour temporarily so it was functional once again.

No,” replies Jaylyn bluntly.

I wonder who she got that from? Me or Legacy. Perhaps Scott?

“I need time to tidy up and get my affairs in order,” says Gears as he strides towards his lab, “I want to be on top of things when I approach the DSA. Especially since they know my secret identity now.”

But don’t you want to meet your new twin sister?” insists Jaylyn.

“What is she like?” inquires Gears, curious about his alternate that was summoned.

I’m going to take Jaylyn calling her my new twin sister as a good sign.

Jaylyn wouldn’t refer to her that way if she didn’t like her.

Well,” replies Jaylyn, sounding excited, “Her name is Belinda Oriana Geary or Bel for short. She is a female version of you who is an only child and is a substitute sister to the Joan in her world. In her world, there are far less parahumans and they are weaker than those in our world on average. She is an Aphrodite like you, but is also Bellator that is stronger than A+ Class. Otherwise she is an A Class Energy Projector with white energy. At least as far as she has revealed to the government. Privately, she has told me that she also has psionic fields that grant super strength, nigh invulnerability, telekinesis and psionic blasts. She also has a few other minor and passive powers that aren’t really noticeable. Since arriving in our dimension, Aunt Bel has been spending most of her time with Mother.”

“Thanks for the info darling,” says Leo, taking in that information as he removes his helmet, “Do you have prosthetic arm ready for me yet?”

“Yes Father,” replies Jaylyn, “I have been working on it ever since you lost your arm. It is ready to place on your arm just as soon as you make the necessary upgrades to your flesh at the end of your left arm to support it.”

Huh. It has only just hit me that I’m going to be a cyborg now.

It could be worse.

And is being a cyborg any worse than being a parahuman?

I suppose it isn’t. Actually, I find the idea of being a cyborg kind of cool

“Let’s get this over and done with as soon as possible,” says Leo with some weariness, “I want to get home and see my family. It has definitely been too long since I’ve seen Mum, Dad, Tan-Mum! I forgot see manifested. Damn it! What sort of parahuman is she Jaylyn?”

Grandma Danica is an A+ Class Abnormal taking the form of what can be describe as an Aphrodite Anime Cat-Girl Fairy,” answers Jaylyn, “She can open portals to other dimensions, has nigh invulnerability, telekinesis, white energy projection and tinkering at high levels. She also has lower level telepathy and appears to have various powers at D Class levels. She also emits a fear aura, but is able to control and tone it down. Grandma Danica’s mentality appears to be normal, but I have detected that she is much more whimsical and humorous like a fairy. However, it appears to be benevolent in nature and she does not enjoy the pain and suffering of others.”

Nothing too bad. It could have been much worse.

Let us be thankful that it isn’t.

Still, Mum is kinda of overpowered and those powers aren’t exactly related.

We can look into that at later date.

“Okay, now what are the DSA doing?” asks Leo.

Depending what they decide to do, the Department of Superhuman Affairs could be a serious problem.

They have legal and official authority in the affairs of parahumans that is effectively uncontested.

And the backing of the United States government. I don’t fancy our chances against the entire US of A.

Actually we might have a decent chance. If we have some time to prepare that is.

Yes, Legacy and Sentinel would stand with us. Scott and Cain would both back up Legacy and Allison would support us.

We have a good amount of weaponry and equipment stockpiled and we can easily produce more. And our tech level is serious above that the US government even with all of their tinkers and gadgeteers.

And if we can produce warbots under the command of Jaylyn to fill out our numbers...

With some artificial intelligence of their own in case Jaylyn’s control is disrupted.

They have lots of powerful parahumans.

So? We have weaponry that is more than capable of killing an A+ parahuman with nigh invulnerability. Plus we can always hire some mercs or villains if we needed to.

And Legacy and Jaylyn are practically unkillable in the long term. And they would never stop fighting even if the rest of us were slain.

1 comment:

  1. There is one thing I wish to say first. When I started writing this chapter, I realised that my protagonists were capable of taking on the USA government and winning. As of such, I decided that my sequel to this story would have to have new protaganists. I won't spoil too much of my plans, but I am going to have a time-skip and the new protagonist as a member of the second generation of the Guardsmen, possibly as Gears' sidekick. I will probably go that route as it allows me to have a new protagonist while still keeping my old characters relevant. Furthermore, a time-skip will allow me to keep the plot line I had already decided upon if off-screen.

    As for this post, yes Leo could take on the USA government in open warfare if given time to prepare. Which he has because Jaylyn has been secretly building an army. Luckily for the people of this world Jaylyn is going superhero and not skynet.

    As for Leo becoming a cyborg, I think it is a cool idea and Leo would find it a cool idea as well. After all, the robotic arm would be one of his own creations and as an inventor, Leo would be proud of it and happily use it to point that he would possibly use instead of healing his arm in a more proper manner so say.

    I could address a couple of other things, but it is late for me and I would much rather be doing something else right now.

    ReplyDelete