Friday 15 July 2016

1.15 Brimstone Part 5

Gears gasps in pain as his chest is filled with agony. Letting his pistol fall from his grasp and barely holding onto halberd, Gears looks down.

The blade of Tar’garieth’s broadsword has impaled him right through the chest.

Well, that is going to be a problem.

Gears coughs, tasting blood in his mouth, as Tar’garieth grabs him by the throat before sliding the sword out of his chest.

Gears takes a moment to take in and process the situation.

My chest has suffered a severe wound, but Tar’garieth has taken worse. That said, he is probably tough enough to take that sort of injuries better than I am able to take mine. On the other hand, the majority of the right side of his head is gone, but then again, he seems to be only inconvenienced by that.

His sword is still extremely powerful while my halberd is battered and beaten. One of my guns is jammed and while the other is holstered with its current state unknown. Not only that, but most of my defences are gone.

That do I have left? A flashbang, a few electro-spheres, a molecular blade, two stun batons, a damaged gun that may or may not work and a damaged molecular Gardium halberd.

And my armour’s nuclear batteries. I wonder how Tar’garieth here will like taking an atomic explosion at point zero? If I’m going to die, might as well go out with a bang. A real big bang.

Leo! We are almost there!

As Tar’garieth pulls back his blood-spattered sword to finish Gears off, Gears draws his other pistol from its holster. He doesn’t know what type of ammunition it has been loaded with, but he has to make a last ditch effort to stop that blade coming at him.

Using his enhanced intelligence and reflexes to the limit, Gears aims at the hilt of Tar’garieth’s blade and the hands holding it. He opens fire.

He gets off a few shots before Tar’garieth squeezes his neck and throws him away a moment later.
Gears is thrown across the room, slamming into the floor face up. He has lost his grip on both his halberd and remaining handgun.

Well, at least I’m not dead.

Gears coughs again and specks of blood cover the inside of his helmet.

At least not yet.

Gears attempts to get up to his feet, but fails. He then tries to sit up right, but is also unsuccessful in that simple task.  

As he internally decides that this would be a good time to go nuclear, Gears spots an explosion of red and blue light out of the corner of his eye. A split-second later, he feels the calm and peaceful healing wave of Tea wash over him.

Gears sits up right and laughs as he checks the status of his armour and body. All injuries are completely healed and the damaged to his armour is completely repaired to as a good as new. Not only that, but his halberd has been repaired and his utility belt has been refilled, his pistols and bullets included.

Gears take a moment to look around the room. The pair of gigantic doors on the other opposite end of the room to the throne have been blown off their hinges. Meanwhile Star and Heart have the crowd cowering before them while Lion has Tar’garieth pinned to the ground. Iron and Tea both are both hovering near him, placing themselves between him and Tar’garieth.

We told you we were almost there,” says Iron as Tea offers a hand to Gears.

“I didn’t doubt you guys for a moment,” replies Gears with a smile as Tea pulls him to his feet.

So what about ‘now is a good time to go nuclear?’ then?” inquires Iron and Gears ignores him as he strides towards Tar’garieth.

“I yield,” rasps the Demon Prince and pauses for a moment, “Who are you? What are you?”

“I am Gears of the Guardsmen,” answers Gears as he summons his halberd, “And I am a hero.”

“You are a worthy foe and mighty warrior,” says Tar’garieth, “What do you wish to bargain for in exchange for sparing my life?”

Gears considers this for a moment.

I would spare his life, but I wouldn’t mind getting some things out of this, especially since I am the one with the upper hand.

What do we want then?

I don’t know. A way home I guess? But we could probably get more out of it than just that?

Then ask Tar’garieth what he is willing to offer.

Good idea.

“What are you willing to offer?” inquires Gears.

Tar’garieth looks like he is considering something, well as much as an inhuman monster with half of its face missing can look considerate.

“I will offer you passage to the realm of the Otherworldly Traveller,” replies Tar’garieth after a few moments, “I shall also imbue your weapon with power.”

“Acceptable,” replies Gears, “But first I would like to make you another offer.”

“What is that?” asks Tar’garieth.

“In exchange for you swearing an oath that neither you nor those that follow and/or serve shall harm my family or teammates, I shall grant you some of my technology for you to study, replicate and use,” says Gears, “In addition, I will have White Tea here heal you.”

1 comment:

  1. So I would comment on today's upload, but I am tired and just want to rest to the point that I seriously considered just delaying today's post to tomorrow.

    I may do a 'proper' comment so to say at a future point, but I doubt I will.

    Anyway, next time, Leo meets Drakvar.

    ReplyDelete