Sunday 12 June 2016

Godslayer Arc 1.20 Dorrin

Champion Miskara Stormmistress of the Ti’darkei Order shifts uncomfortably in her armour. She was already maturing enough that it was starting not to fit her anymore, but after she...manifested as the Ordic called it, Miskara’s armour definitely doesn’t fit her anymore.

By the Gods, I can’t stand this. I feel the same, but also different. I’m taller than before with more muscles too. Not only that, but my chest is bigger, my body curvier and my fur is so silky now.

Gah! I’m even stronger and tougher than before with superior senses. As if I wasn’t freaky enough already with my supernatural physical prowess.

At least people won’t notice. I mean, it has been a long time since anybody has seen me properly so that that I’m more mature and grown up won’t be that much of a surprise. And I kept my freaky abilities hidden well enough already so that the fact they are better isn’t too much of a problem.

What I am worried about the most is my new manifestation powers. I can sense the other Psychics around me if they are really close by. Not only that, but I can also sense what those near me are about to do next. Now that is totally freaky.

And there is more basic stuff. My memory is just...better as I can recall pretty much everything. Not to mention I can run the numbers in my head much easier now.

Other than that, there is just...well...you.

That is rude.

Shut up you! I don’t want to have voices in my head! I can’t afford to go crazy! Not with all of my duties!

“Miskara!” exclaims Sirakor as the young Knight runs up to her best friend, “Are you okay?”

No.

“Yes,” replies Miskara, “How are you Knight Sirakor?”

“I’m fine Miskara,” says Sirakor, “So what are you going to do now?”

“I need to speak with Sentinel Dorrin,” answers Miskara, “It is urgent business of the utmost importance.”

“Oh,” mutters Sirakor, seeming rattled by Miskara’s words.

I hope I haven’t worried her too much.

“I’ll speak with you again Knight Sirakor,” says Miskara as she walks past her friend, “I shall visit you in your quarters later.”

“Oh,” says Sirakor, sounding stunned by the idea of Miskara going to see her rather than it being the other way around, “Oh, okay then. I’ll you later I guess.”

Now to find Sentinel Dorrin.

Sentinel Dorrin is one of the oldest and most experienced members of the Ti’darkei Order. In fact, he is one of its founders. Like Grandmaster Alisarr, Sentinel Dorrin is a Jord and is generally accepted as the best fighter in the Order, capable of besting high grade Psychics despite lacking powers of his own.

And I can trust him to believe today’s events. Or least hear me out.

It takes Miskara a while, but she ultimately finds Sentinel Dorrin in Western Tower of Kar’mire Keep, working away at some paperwork at his desk.

“Champion Miskara,” says Sentinel Dorrin, greeting Miskara as she enters his office.

“Sentinel Dorrin,” replies Miskara, respectfully inclining her head towards him, “I wish to inform you of an extremely urgent matter.”

“Go ahead Champion,” replies Sentinel Dorrin, sounding and looking intrigued.

“All citizens in the Thirteenth District have been killed,” says Miskara, deciding to be straight to the point, “Sir Galamin and the Ordic-”

“I shall lead my Silver Guard down,” replies Sentinel Dorrin without hesitation as he practically leaps to his feet, “Thank you for bring this to my attention, but I shall deal with the matter now lass.”

“I understand,” replies Miskara, keeping her surprise at being so easily believed and understood hidden including the shock at being called lass rather than her title.

“Good, good,” mutters Sentinel Dorrin absentmindedly, “Do me a favour kid and keep this secret until I figured out how to deal with it.”

“As you wish Sentinel Dorrin,” replies Miskara as the older Kith leaves the room.

Well, with having done as much as I can with that situation, I should go and see if Sirakor is free. I might be a bit too early, but I have nothing better to.

As she turns to leave, Miskara pauses as she hears Sentinel Dorrin mutter something under his breath with her supernaturally good hearing

“War ha yoin gorr yoinn donnn segg te tirn Maser?” mutters Sentinel Dorrin in some foreign language.

***

“So where are we going?” asks Satri as she follows her mistress with Fatimir held in her hands.

“To see Knight Sirakor, Page Satri,” answers Miskara.

“Okay,” says Satri, clearly not expecting any further explanation whilst they aren’t in a private area.

Having been Miskara’s page for a few days now, Satri has quickly learned to expect Miskara to be extremely formal and professional whenever she isn’t in a private location, only dropping the act and actually acting like a normal person when she doesn’t think anybody else is watching.

Satri glances down at Fatimir. She and the spear-girl have become rather good friends despite the fact that Fatimir is an inanimate object who can only say “yes”, “no” or “I don’t know”.

Still it makes sense that she would be my friend as I am the only person to interact with her. Actually, I’m not sure if anybody outside of Miskara and I know of her existence.

Satri comes to a halt behind Miskara as the two of them arrive at Sirakor’s quarters, which she shares with another Knight, Tani Rekei.

“Is Sirakor in?” asks Satri in a quiet voice.

“Yes,” answers Miskara as she knocks on the door.

It takes a moment, but Sirakor opens the door and blinks in surprise as she realises who is standing before her.

“Urr-Misk-Champion Miskara,” says Sirakor as she recovers from the shock, “You’re here already, I was just talking to Uri and Tani about your planned visit. I didn’t realise you would be so soon.”

“My meeting with Sentinel Dorrin went much quicker than I expected Knight Sirakor,” replies Miskara, “Are you and Page Uri free right now?”

“Um, sure,” replies Sirakor, “We’re not exactly nothing anything right now I guess.”

“Good,” says Miskara, “I shall meet you, Page Uri and Page Satri at the Radiant Dawn Restaurant? You know the place?”

“Um, yeah, I do,” replies Sirakor, “Urr, what time?”

“In the next half an hour,” answers Miskara before turning and leaving, striding past Satri, “I shall see the three of you later.”

Satri and Sirakor watch as Miskara leaves them.

“Do you know what that is about?” Sirakor asks Satri.

“No idea,” answers Satri, “May I come into your quarters and spend my time with you until we leave?”

“Yeah, sure,” replies Sirakor, sounding distracted, “I see no reason why not.”

1 comment:

  1. Normally, this is where I would comment on the post, but I honestly can't remember what I was trying to do this post. Trying to show some of Miskara's new powers, her relationship with her friends. I know I wanted to some more of Fatimir's fate and to introduce Dorrin, but other than that...

    Oh well, I'm fairly certain things will be come clear in the next part or two of Godslayer. Speaking of which...

    Next time, oh, yes, now I remember, Miskara's going to explain things to her friends. I was doing this post as the set up for that.

    ReplyDelete